San Antonio Ethnic Art Society Abaraka Awards Committee 19141 Stone Oak Parkway Box #104 San Antonio, Texas 78232
210/863-3497 * Saeas.firstname.lastname@example.org
Setting up an art exhibition can be a creative and rewarding endeavor. However, there are many factors that go into setting up a successful exhibition, such as conceptualizing a theme, installing to enhance the artwork, arranging travel insurance, stipends for artists and marketing the event.
SAEAS Abaraka Award provides early- to mid-career visual artists nationally with cash funding to help defray the costs of mounting an exhibition.
Who is Eligible for Exhibition Assistance
How to Apply for Curatorial/Exhibition Assistance
1. Provide a Written Description of the proposed visual art project, to include:
2. Provide online access to high-resolution jpeg images (minimum 500 K) of 5 pieces from each of at least 3 exhibitions curated and mounted publicly in the last 5 years. Total 15 images should be made accessible (via Dropbox or other file sharing portal).
3. Submit CV of your art-related training, exhibitions, and publications.
4. Submit Resume of work experience.
5. Provide 3 References from arts-related professionals, include title, organization, email, phone number and how you know the art professional.
6. Submit complete application by May 31, 2021 to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: The work in progress must be documented in still image, video, or both forms. An image by the grant recipient may be used in print and electronic marketing materials for the Abaraka Awards (excluding any items that may be sold or exchanged for remuneration by SAEAS) to promote or advertise the grants in subsequent years, and included in grant reports or other grant-focused purposes. Thumbnail or low-resolution versions of an image may be used in online formats.